Term Two Week Three
Art with Whaea Dagmar
UP CLOSE with CHUCK CLOSE
Top 5 reasons Chuck Close is a good Citizen.
- He overcame his learning disability and figured out a way to work around it.
- He overcame his physical challenges of being in a wheel chair and having limited movement.
- Followed his creative dream even though everyone said it wasn't the thing to do.
- He uses other knowledge like maths to help him with his art.
- He doesn't see himself as a role model or hero but helps other people to see that they can recover from something and get on with what they love.
|Whaea Dagmar talked to us about|
Chuck Close as a citizen and about
his challenges as an artist.
|We spent time practising drawing|
shapes and lines and learning new
vocabulary like vertical, diagonal and
|We learned to be precise with|
our mark making.
|Whaea Dagmar photocopied a grid over our|
photographs and then we used the windows like
light boxes to trace the outline of our faces
onto the grid.
I used hot and cold colours because I wanted to show the contrast and I
used some patterns from my Tongan Culture to help me design each square - Monica
I used green and brown curved lines to show how my hair goes to the side - Sharon
Thank you for reading our blog this week. The students who contributed to this blog were Emily, Sharon, Liana, Monica, Trent, and Ariana. Special thanks to Whaea Dagmar for helping us get UP CLOSE with CHUCK CLOSE!